Monday, May 27, 2013

Review: Knit Your Socks on Straight

Knit Your Socks on Straight: A New and Inventive Technique with Just Two Needles; 20 Original DesignsKnit Your Socks on Straight: A New and Inventive Technique with Just Two Needles; 20 Original Designs 
by Alice Curtis

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Overall:
The pictures were good and useful. The pattern I used was clearly written and well explained. The techniques were not too complicated, and the novelty of knitting straight was enough of a hook (pardon the pun) that I was excited to try making a sock. This was also my first ever sock...

"Wrapped in Hugs" pattern
It was much easier to knit the sock not having to Battle with DPN's, I was just very hesitant about how easy or hard the joining would be at the end. I didn't pin like I was advised to as I didn't have pins and got a little lazy, but I think. Managed very well. This was a fun enough sock to make that I am actually going to make the right sock now. I wasn't sure if I was actually pin to make a pair or just one to show off. I made the large size and its a little big on me. Perfect for around the house or in boots, but not in sneakers.
I may try the baby booties next. If/when I do, I will append to this review.
(Reviewed on Ravelry)

View all my reviews





2 comments: