Friday, May 17, 2013

Review: The Billionaire's Club #2: Taken By Him

Taken by HimTaken by Him by Red Garnier

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Taken by Him by Red Garnier is the second book in the Billionaires Club series.

This book is about Luke Preston, the playboy/manwhore we met in the first book (Claimed by Him) and a new character, Peyton Lane.

Peyton is a dark haired beauty on vacation from her career at an investment firm. While on vacation at the Riviera Maya beach resort in Mexico, Luke and Peyton meet. And they fall in lust with each other and agree to have a fling until Peyton's flight leaves (because, of course, we all know it will end there, right?)

Luke finds that Peyton has managed to get under his skin and is revisiting a woman's bed when normally he's a one-hit wonder, a no-repeater. Peyton manages to loosen up and let her hair down for once and finds a passion within herself she didn't realize she had.

I had a slight problem with the first book because there was so much money and wealth and technology and money...I decided to put it in a fairytale category in my head and the slight disbelief I felt was soothed. I didn't have that problem with this book at all.

A steamy hot novella sized love story with a powerful alpha male at the helm. Perfect formula for my tastes.

I am looking forward to the next release...
Bound by Him.

He was tall, tanned, and muscled. No. She was lying. He was actually more. So much more, in fact, she was now gawking.
Because never, in her life, has she seen a man like that in person.
On TV, Maybe.
In a magazine, maybe.
But the impact of seeing something like that in the flesh was...bewildering.

"Shh. Listen to me. Listen." His eyes were wild with a powerful mixture of desire and frustration, and Peyton kept panting beneath him, getting wet. Wanting him. Needing him. hating him. "We're going to make love right now, Peyton. On this bed. And we're going to work this through. Whatever shit is your problem, I'm going to take care of it. I'm going to take care of you."


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment