Thursday, July 9, 2015

Release Day: Billionaire In The Dark by Eden Claire










Title: Billionaire in the Dark
Series: Billionaire in the Dark #1
Author: Eden Claire
Genre: Romantic Suspense
 Release Date: July 9, 2015




Blurb

My name is Kaylie Flanders, and maybe you heard my story. I was held captive by a psychopath for a decade; six years ago, I escaped. Freedom, though, is harder than I thought it would be.

The only place I feel truly alive is inside the darkness of Club Shamballa. In the shadows of the club, I meet a masked stranger with piercing green eyes, a body chiseled to perfection, and a magic touch.

No name.
No voice.
No face.

I can’t see him, I can’t hear him—yet he touches me in ways no one else has before.

Who is Mask, and what is he hiding? Can we heal our broken pasts together?

BILLIONAIRE IN THE DARK is the first installment of the BILLIONAIRE IN THE DARK series, a romantic suspense series full of steam, tortured souls, and twists and turns.







Links to Buy

99c

AMAZON US / UK





My Review:

Billionaire in the DarkBillionaire in the Dark by Eden Claire
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Billionaire in the Dark by Eden Claire is the first installment in a new series also titled Billionaire in the Dark. Told from the perspective of Kaylie, it also flashes us back and forth between the present and varying important events in her past.

Kaylie has been told she suffers from stockholm syndrome. Her therapist whom she only communicates with vie online messaging and texts has given her a few suggestions on how to deal with this. One of those was to visit club Shamballa. Now I thought stockholm syndrome meant only that she bonded with and felt sympathy for her captor/kidnapper. I didn't get that vibe from Kaylie but I did get the vibe that now that she is free from him and back in the real world, that she misses the isolation. People are judgy and loud and the world is too much for her at times.

There is a run-in at the club with a masked dominant whom she rapidly develops an attraction to. There are also "friends" at the club (more like acquaintances) that she is familiar with. Her parents, whom she still lives with no nothing of this part of her life.

The plot was a little confusing for me and took a twist here and there that just didn't feel right, or perhaps wasn't explained enough. Overall the premise is interesting and those points aside was a decent read - it just didn't manage to sink it's hooks into me yet. I think I probably will continue with the series to satisfy my curiosity as to where it is going.




Author Bio

Author Eden Claire, a/k/a Island Girl, can often be found working hard on her tan, indulging her Thai food addiction, and singing karaoke. She believes in peace, love, and a hot alpha billionaire for every woman. You can find Author Eden Claire on Facebook.



Author Links

Giveaway

No comments:

Post a Comment